Bioinformatics: An Introduction to Sequence Searching at EMBL-EBI
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
Register your interest - if you would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: An introduction on how to search EBI databases using sequence search tools. The workshop will introduce tools such as BLAST, FASTA and PSI-BLAST; explain how they function and the ways to make effective use of them to locate different types of biological data and information. Further information is available here.
This session is one of a series of short introductions to EBI Services, run together, but bookable separately (see Related Courses section below).
- Our courses are open to all who might benefit
- Booking priority is given to people from Cambridge University and Collaborating Institutes
- Individual Course fees are required only from External participants not from Collaborating Institutes
Number of sessions: 1
|Tue 22 Oct||13:30 - 17:00||Department of Genetics, Room G12||Andrew Cowley|
Format: Presentations, demonstrations and practicals
Frequency: A number of times per year
- Basic computing skills
- Graduate level in Life Sciences
- To provide a practical introduction to the sequence searching at the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Introduction to EBI Resources
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Archives for Next Generation Sequence Data with the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Transcriptomics Data and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Protein Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: Mass Spectrometry Proteomics at the EBI
- Bioinformatics: Molecular Interaction Databases, Reactions and Pathways at the EMBL-EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Metabolomics Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Bringing Structure to Biology - Protein Structures and Tools