Bioinformatics: Archives for Next Generation Sequence Data at the EBI
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
Register your interest - if you would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: This session provides an introduction to the European Nucleotide Archive (ENA) record of the world's nucleotide sequencing information, covering raw sequencing data, sequence assembly information and functional annotation available from the Europian Bioinformatics Institute (EBI). Further information for this session is available.
This session is one of a series of short introductions to EBI Services, run together, but bookable separately (see Related Courses section below).
- All University members (this includes colleges and departments)
- External participants (where spaces are available)
- Further details regarding Graduate School of Life Sciences' eligibility criteria are available
Number of sessions: 1
|Wed 24 Oct||13:00 - 17:00||Department of Genetics, Room G12||Marc Rosello , Arnaud Oisel|
Format: Presentations, demonstrations and practicals
Frequency: A number of times per year
- Basic computing skills
- Graduate level in Life Sciences
- To provide a practical introduction to the ENA database of the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Transcriptomics Data and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Protein Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Bringing Structure to Biology - Protein Structures and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Metabolomics Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: Molecular Interaction Databases, Reactions and Pathways at the EMBL-EBI