Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Interactions & Pathways - Reactome
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
Register your interest - if you would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: This workshop will introduce open-source tools for creating, representing and analysing molecular interaction data. Practical sessions will explore the Reactome pathway database, showing participants how to navigate molecular reactions and the pathways they form. Further information for this session is available here.
This session is one of a series of short introductions to EBI Services, run together, but bookable separately (see Related Courses section below).
- Our courses are open to all who might benefit
- Booking priority is given to people from Cambridge University and Collaborating Institutes
- Individual Course fees are required only from External participants not from Collaborating Institutes
The course is aimed to biologists wanting to learn the basics of working with molecular interaction data. No previous knowledge of molecule interactions or experience with Reactome is required.
Number of sessions: 1
|Fri 24 Jan||13:30 - 17:00||Department of Genetics, Room G12||Steve Jupe|
Format: Presentations, demonstrations and practicals
Frequency: A number of times per year
- Basic computing skills
- Graduate level in Life Sciences
Aims: During this course you will learn about:
- Interactions & Pathways
Objectives: After this course you should be able to:
- Identify the types of data, and data formats, found in molecular interaction databases
- Select and apply tools for basic network analysis
- Use Reactome to undertake network analysis
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Introduction to EBI Resources
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - An Introduction to Sequence Searching with EMBL-EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Archives for Next Generation Sequence Data with the EBI
- Bioinformatics: Transcriptomics Data and Tools at EMBL-EBI
- Bioinformatics: Protein Databases and Tools at EMBL-EBI
- Bioinformatics: Mass Spectrometry Proteomics at the EBI
- Bioinformatics: Metabolomics Databases and Tools at EMBL-EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Bringing Structure to Biology - Protein Structures and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Interactions & Pathways - IntAct
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Network Analysis - Cytoscape and PSICQUIC