Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Interactions & Pathways - IntAct
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
The following alternative date is available:
Mon 20 Oct 2014
Register your interest - if you cannot make any of the currently scheduled dates and would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: This workshop will introduce open-source tools for creating, representing and analysing molecular interaction data. Practical sessions will explore the EMBL-EBI IntAct database and use Cytoscape visualise protein interactions. Further information for this session is available here.
This session is one of a series of short introductions to EBI Services, run together, but bookable separately (see Related Courses section below).
- Our courses are open to all who might benefit
- Booking priority is given to people from Cambridge University and Collaborating Institutes
- Individual Course fees are required only from External participants not from Collaborating Institutes
The course is aimed to biologists wanting to learn the basics of working with molecular interaction data. No previous knowledge of molecule interactions, IntAct or experience with Cytoscape is required.
Number of sessions: 1
|Thu 23 Jan||13:30 - 17:00||Department of Genetics, Room G12||Sandra Orchard , Birgit Meldal|
Format: Presentations, demonstrations and practicals
Frequency: A number of times per year
- Basic computing skills
- Graduate level in Life Sciences
Aims: After this course you should be able to:
- Identify the types of data, and data formats, found in molecular interaction databases
- Select and apply tools for basic network analysis
- Use Cytoscape to undertake network analysis
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Introduction to EBI Resources
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - An Introduction to Sequence Searching
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Archives for Next Generation Sequence Data with the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Transcriptomics Data and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Protein Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: Mass Spectrometry Proteomics at the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Metabolomics Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Bringing Structure to Biology - Protein Structures and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Interactions & Pathways - Reactome
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Network Analysis - Cytoscape and PSICQUIC