Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Introduction to EBI Resources
Bookings cannot be made on this event
(Event is completed)
The following alternative date is available:
Mon 6 Oct 2014
Register your interest - if you cannot make any of the currently scheduled dates and would be interested in additional dates being scheduled.
Description: An introduction the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI). The workshop will introduce ways to navigate the website, search EBI database resources and access useful information and metadata. It will also highlight additional resources such as Train Online. Further information is available here.
This session is one of a series of short introductions to EBI Services, run together, but bookable separately (see Related Courses section below).
- Our courses are open to all who might benefit
- Booking priority is given to people from Cambridge University and Collaborating Institutes
- Individual Course fees are required only from External participants not from Collaborating Institutes
- The workshop is aimed at PhD, post-doctoral researchers and principle investigators working in wet-lab biology. Participants who are looking for a basic introduction to the bioinformatics resources offered by the EBI--- and want to know more about accessing and submitting biological data.
Number of sessions: 1
|Wed 22 Jan||13:30 - 16:30||Department of Genetics, Room G12||Laura Emery , Tom Hancocks|
Format: Presentations, demonstrations and practicals
Frequency: A number of times per year
- Basic computing skills
- Graduate level in Life Sciences
Aims: To gain an overview of the service offered at the EBI, possibly with a view to attending some of the more targeted sessions that will follow (see Related Courses, below).
After this course you should be able to…
- Navigate the EBI website to locate tools, databases and resources of internet
- Utilize EBI Search to locate relevant data and information
- Follow hyperlinks through various resources to access additional information
- Relate examples and use cases back to participant’s own research
- Know how to contact the EBI Helpdesk and access Train Online materials
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Archives for Next Generation Sequence Data with the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Transcriptomics Data and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Protein Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: Molecular Interaction Databases, Reactions and Pathways at the EMBL-EBI
- Bioinformatics: Mass Spectrometry Proteomics at the EBI
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Metabolomics Databases and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Bringing Structure to Biology - Protein Structures and Tools
- Bioinformatics: EMBL-EBI - Network Analysis - Cytoscape and PSICQUIC